Aubergine & coconut curry
1 inch slice(s)
Chilli, Green or Red
Lemon Grass Stems
1 stem, finely chopped
600 g, baby aubergine, cut in half lengthways
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned (7.7% Fat)
Vegetable stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), 200ml stock
Thai Fish Sauce
Light Brown Sugar
½ tablespoons, level
Brown Basmati & Wild Rice, cooked
500 g, cooked as per pack, 2 x 250g pouches - We used Tilda
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass and turmeric, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the aubergines and cook for 5 minutes until they start to colour.
- Add the coconut milk, 200ml stock, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a little water to create a paste and add to the pan. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice and quinoa to pack instructions.
- Serve the curry, rice and quinoa garnished with the coriander.