Bruschetta by Chef Clay Smith
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
2 cup(s), chopped
1 medium, sliced
1 clove(s), large, minced
Red wine vinegar
3 tsp(s), or white wine vinegar
1 pinch(es), or 2 pinches (to taste)
- In a bowl, add green onions, garlic and 1tsp of salt then mix gently.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar and basil into the bowl.
- Mix with hands while squeezing the mixture.
- Add olive oil and remaining salt, to taste
- Strain liquid into a separate bowl with a sieve or strainer and set aside to use as a vinaigrette at a later time.
- Serving size: 1/4 cup of bruschetta
For a fresh and flavourful tomato vinaigrette, let bruschetta sit for 5 to 10 minutes then drain liquids and set aside. Once made, the bruschetta mixture will keep in the refrigerator for approximately 5-8 days.