Ziti with Roasted Butternut Squash and Spinach
- Total Time
The trick to this easy pasta supper is perfectly roasted squash—it should be tender but not too soft.
uncooked butternut squash12 oz, peeled and seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
cooking spray1 spray(s)
fresh baby spinach1 ½ cup(s), packed
dried thyme¼ tsp
freshly grated nutmeg¼ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
uncooked whole wheat ziti6 oz, cooked and drained according to the package
grated Parmesan cheese1 oz, (Parmigiano Reggiano)
white balsamic vinegar1 ½ Tbsp
olive oil2 tsp
- 1. Heat the oven to 450F.
- 2. Arrange squash cubes in a single layer in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Spray well with nonstick spray; toss gently. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring twice, until lightly browned at the edges and just starting to get tender. Do not overcook.
- 3. Meanwhile, place spinach, thyme, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 4. Add hot, cooked squash to the spinach mixture, top with ziti, and toss together gently until the spinach begins to wilt, about 30 seconds. Add Parmgiano-Reggiano, vinegar, and olive oil. Toss gently until combined.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups.