Wild Rice-Stuffed Cornish Hens
- Total Time
Love birds will enjoy this elegant Valentine's Day dinner. Simply stuff the hens, pop them in the oven and you'll have plenty of time for romance while they cook.
instant long grain and wild rice mix¾ cup(s), about one, 4 1/2 oz package
uncooked celery½ cup(s), chopped
uncooked onion(s)½ cup(s), chopped
orange zest1 Tbsp
dried cranberries¼ cup(s)
uncooked skinless cornish game hen10 oz, you'll need two 10 oz whole birds to yield about 10 oz skinless meat
unsweetened orange juice1 cup(s)
uncooked asparagus1 pound(s), steamed
boiled potato(es) with salt1 pound(s)
- Preheat over to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare rice according to package directions but omit adding any butter or oil.
- Stir-fry celery, onion, zest and cranberries for about 4 minutes. Add rice to celery mixture and stir-fry 1 minute more.
- Rinse hens in warm water, and place breast-side down in baking dish. Stuff each hen with rice mixture. Pour orange juice over hens, then sprinkle each with paprika. Bake for 75 minutes.
- To serve, slice each hen in half, and remove spine and skin. Accompany with potatoes and asparagus.