This slightly spiced white chili is the perfect freezer staple to have on hand for too-busy-to-cook-nights.
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 pound(s) uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 32 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 30 oz canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder, chipotle variety
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook turkey, onion and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is browned, about 10 minutes.
Add turkey mixture and remaining ingredients to a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting for at least 4 hours. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- If the chili is too thick after it’s been frozen and then defrosted, add extra broth and then reheat to achieve desired consistency.For additional color, top with extra freshly chopped cilantro just before serving.