- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1/4 strip(s) green pepper(s), finely chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp
- 1/4 cup(s) seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 Tbsp unpacked light brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Cool.
Combine onion mixture, cheese and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to moisten bread. Crumble turkey over onion mixture; stir just until blended.
Pack meat mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl; stir well.
Spread ketchup mixture over meat loaf and bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
Remove meat loaf from pan. Cut into 10 slices. Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 2 slices).