This potato-and-sausage casserole is an excellent make-ahead brunch recipe. Spice it up with low-fat Mexican cheese and hot-Italian sausage.
- 1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup(s) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 8 oz uncooked turkey sausage(s), thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) WeightWatchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a medium square or rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
Place potatoes and then vegetables in baking dish; top with sausage.
In a small bowl, beat together milk, eggs, salt and pepper; pour over sausage and then sprinkle with cheese.
Bake until casserole is hot and cheese is browned, about 45 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.