- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 12 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s), cut into 2-in chunks
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 large uncooked zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced into 1/2-in thick slices
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, in sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
In a small cup, combine oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Place chicken in a bowl and toss with 1 1/2 teaspoons spice mixture; reserve remaining spice mix.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and sauté until lightly browned but still crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and corn to skillet; sauté until zucchini is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
Add garlic and reserved spice mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in diced tomatoes and their sauce; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Add chicken and 1/4 cup water (to prevent chicken from sticking to pan); cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until chicken is cooked through about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro; serve. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.