Spicy Corn Muffins
whole wheat flour
1 large, beaten
fat free skim milk
¾ cup(s), chopped
1 medium, seeded and finely chopped (do not touch seeds with bare hands)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray or muffin liners.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, honey, egg and milk.
- Create a well with a spoon in the middle of cornmeal mixture and pour milk mixture into well; mix until just combined. (Do not over beat.) Fold in scallions and jalapeno.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter into muffin holes until each is about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake until tops turn golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. Yields 1 muffin per serving.