Spicy Corn Muffins
- Total Time
Skip the corn bread and pair these jalapeno and scallion-filled muffins with a bowl of your favorite chili. They're perfect for dunking.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
yellow cornmeal1 cup(s)
whole wheat flour1 cup(s)
baking powder2 tsp
table salt1 tsp
corn oil⅓ cup(s)
egg(s)1 large, beaten
fat free skim milk1 cup(s)
uncooked scallion(s)¾ cup(s), chopped
jalapeño pepper(s)1 medium, seeded and finely chopped (do not touch seeds with bare hands)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray or muffin liners.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, honey, egg and milk.
- Create a well with a spoon in the middle of cornmeal mixture and pour milk mixture into well; mix until just combined. (Do not over beat.) Fold in scallions and jalapeno.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter into muffin holes until each is about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake until tops turn golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. Yields 1 muffin per serving.