- 3 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned diced tomatoes, with jalapenos or green chilies
- 8 small corn tortilla(s), lightly toasted just before serving if desired*
- 2 cup(s), chopped lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) Weight Watchers Cheese, cheddar, shredded, low fat, sharp-variety
- 1/3 cup(s) fat free salsa
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add beef; cook until browned, breaking up meat as it cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, salt and diced tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is almost absorbed, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Place tortillas on a flat surface. Top each with about 1/4 cup beef, 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon cheese and 2 teaspoons salsa. Fold tortillas in half and serve. Yields 2 tacos per serving.
- *To toast tortillas, coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place tortillas on top and coat with cooking spray. Heat in a 300°F oven until slightly crisp but not too crisp that they break when folded.