- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 1/2 medium uncooked onion(s), diced
- 1 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), chopped
- 3 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 6 large egg(s)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms brown, 3–5 minutes. Add spinach and cumin and cook just until spinach wilts.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, and salt; bring to simmer. One at a time, break eggs into small cup and gently slide into skillet. Leave space between eggs so they remain separate.
Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; simmer until eggs are just set, 12–15 minutes. Remove from heat; garnish with parsley.
Serving size: 1 egg and ⅔ cup sauce
- Up the protein: This flavorful Middle Eastern dish is often served for breakfast, but it makes a speedy and satisfying lunch or dinner as well. Serve it with protein- and fiber-rich quinoa to make it a full meal; ½ cup cooked quinoa per serving will increase the SmartPoints value by 3.