- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 7 slice(s) reduced-calorie whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 3 slice(s) uncooked Canadian bacon, diced
- 20 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in a dish towel
- 10 oz frozen winter butternut squash, thawed
- 4 large egg(s)
- 6 item(s) egg white(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut bread into cubes, and spread out on sheet in a single layer. Coat with cooking spray; toast in oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon into a large bowl; set aside.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Saute onion until it starts to turn transparent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and bacon; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
Place spinach, squash, eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl; whisk to combine. Add onion-mixture; whisk again. Pour over toasted bread cubes and mix with a spoon to thoroughly combine.
Pour mixture into a 9- X 13-inch nonstick pan and spread into an even layer; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.