1 cup(s), plain
½ cup(s), chopped
1½ cup(s), chopped
cooked chicken sausage(s)
12 oz, diced
6 tsp, chopped
canned navy beans
46½ oz, small white or cannellini, rinsed, drained
canned diced tomatoes
14½ oz, fire roasted variety, undrained
reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp, chopped
½ tsp, freshly ground
5 oz, baby variety
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat bottom of 13- X 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add panko and cook, stirring constantly until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer panko to a small bowl; let cool and then stir in parsley.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add sausage; cook, until lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add carrots and garlic; cook just until carrots are crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, broth, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add kale and stir mixture just until kale is wilted, about 2 minutes; stir in mustard.
- Pour bean mixture into prepared baking dish: sprinkle with panko in an even layer. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes; remove foil and bake until cassoulet is heated through and top is crusty and golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes more. Slice into 12 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.