- 1 cup(s) uncooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp salted butter, divided
- 2 medium fresh apple(s), chopped or diced
- 2 cup(s) water, cold
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
Rinse quinoa well under cold running water. Set aside.
Spray large skillet with nonstick spray; set over medium heat. When skillet is hot, add ½ tablespoon butter and cook until melted and beginning to sizzle. Add apples and cook, turning occasionally, until apples are soft and begin to caramelize, 5−10 minutes depending on variety; set aside.
Add quinoa and water to medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat; boil 1 minute. Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer for 10 minutes. When quinoa is cooked (a white spiral will appear on each grain), remove from heat and fluff with fork. Add remaining ½ tablespoon butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and milk; stir to combine and fold in apples. Divide among 6 bowls.
Serving size: about ⅔ cup
- Topping each serving with ½ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt will increase the SmartPoints value by 1