Nacho Stuffed Shells
A delicious Mexican twist on an Italian Favorite.
uncooked jumbo shells20 shell(s)
canned tomato puree15 oz
fat free salsa1 ¼ cup(s)
garlic powder½ tsp
reduced sodium taco seasoning2 Tbsp
WW Reduced fat whipped cream cheese spread¼ cup(s)
fat free canned refried beans16 oz
chopped green chili(es)4 oz
WeightWatchers Reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese⅓ cup(s)
cilantro2 Tbsp, chopped (optional)
fat free sour cream¼ cup(s), (optional)
uncooked ground turkey breast½ pound(s)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, stir together tomato puree, salsa and garlic powder. Spread 3/4 cup sauce mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Cook turkey in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, over medium heat, breaking pieces up until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning, water and cream cheese, stirring until cream cheese is melted; simmer until thickened. Stir in refried beans and green chilies.
- Fill shells with bean mixture, using 2 tablespoons filling per shell. Place filled shells in prepared baking dish, top with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro, if desired. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream (optional). Enjoy!