Lemon chicken with broccoli
½ tsp, divided
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
12 oz, thinly sliced
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
1½ cup(s), divided
2½ cup(s), small florets
2 tsp, or more to taste*
2 Tbsp, chopped
Fresh lemon juice
- On a plate, combine 1 1/2 Tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Put 1 cup broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
- In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup broth, 1/2 Tbsp flour and 1/4 tsp salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Serving size: 1 cup