- 2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 30 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 2 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese, divided
- 8 oz chopped green chili(es), two 4-oz cans
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 13 medium corn tortilla(s), cut in half each
- 1 cup(s) fat free salsa, mild, medium or hot
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
Place chicken in a medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheese, chilies, cumin and pepper; mix well and set aside.
Arrange 10 tortilla halves in bottom of prepared pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface. Top tortillas with 1/3 of chicken mixture and then layer with 8 tortillas halves. Spoon 1/3 more chicken mixture over top and then top with remaining 10 tortilla halves. Spoon remaining chicken mixture over top and sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces. Serve with salsa on the side.
- This is a terrific make-ahead meal from our Cook Once, Eat All Week Series.