Italian Turkey Burgers
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 item(s) reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
- 4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 2 small fresh tomato(es), ripe, yellow and/or red, thickly sliced
- 1 cup(s) basil, fresh, leaves, torn or thinly shredded
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, onion, garlic, fennel seed, salt and pepper; form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Coat burgers and inside of rolls with cooking spray.
- Grill burgers for 5 minutes; flip burgers and add rolls to grill. Grill open-face rolls until lightly charred, about 1 to 2 minutes; remove to serving plates. Grill burgers until cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- To serve, top grilled rolls with burgers and tomato slices; garnish with basil. Yields 1 burger per serving.
Cook the burgers until a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.For an extra hit of flavor, rub the bread with a cut garlic clove as it comes off the grill.Try these burgers with arugula leaves instead of the basil.