These are delicious as is. Or amp them up with a dollop of whipped cream or a small scoop of light vanilla ice cream (make sure to add any extra SmartPoints Values).
- 8 medium banana(s), unpeeled
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 oz 60-69% dark chocolate, finely chopped (about 7 ½ Tbsp)
- 1 tsp table salt, flaky variety (such as Maldon)
- 16 medium strawberries, hulled and sliced
Prepare your grill for medium-high heat (or heat a large grill pan set over a couple of burners); make sure your grates are super-clean.
Keeping peels on bananas, slice each one lengthwise just enough to open them (be careful not to slice them all the way through). Sprinkle cinnamon over cut sides of bananas; evenly divide chocolate over top.
Place bananas, peel side-down, on grill; cover and cook just until chocolate melts, about 3 minutes. Transfer bananas to serving plates and sprinkle with a tiny bit salt; scatter strawberries over top and serve immediately while chocolate is still warm.
Serving size: 1 banana
- If you don’t have a grill or grill pan, you can make these under your broiler or in a toaster oven. Adding ice cream or whipped cream can affect the SmartPoints value of the recipe.