- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), minced
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 item(s) light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)
- 4 Tbsp reduced-fat feta cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh spinach, baby leaves
In a medium bowl, combine beef, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic and onion; gently form into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
Coat a nonstick ridged grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Place burgers in pan; grill for 4 minutes. Flip burgers; grill until cooked through to center, about 3 to 4 minutes more.
Place burgers on buns; top each with 1 Tbsp cheese and some spinach. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 burger
- You can also cook these burgers on an outdoor grill. Adjust cooking time accordingly. Top with tomato slices, ketchup or tzatziki. Swap lean ground chicken, turkey or lamb for the beef (could affect SmartPoints value).