- 10 Tbsp fresh parsley, leaves, packed (1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup(s) dill, fronds, coarsely chopped, packed
- 3 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), water-packed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, leaves
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), quartered
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Place all the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade or in a mini chopper. Process until a coarse puree, stopping the machine occasionally to scrape down the inside of the canister. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.
- Be sure to remove the woody stems from the dill fronds, using only the delicate, feathery tips and leaves. And remember to remove the zest from the lemon before cutting and juicing it.This pesto is best with grilled fish, particularly delicate, white-fleshed fillets — although it would certainly be welcome alongside grilled salmon steaks.