Just a touch of sea salt seems to bring out the best in dark chocolate desserts. These mini tarts won’t disappoint – perfect for chocoholics!
- 15 item(s) mini phyllo shell(s), thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup(s) low-fat milk
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 3 1/2 oz 60-69% dark chocolate, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt, coarse variety (or to taste)
- 5 Tbsp fat free whipped topping, or aerosol whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Place phyllo shells on a sheet pan and bake until lightly crisp, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over high heat, heat milk and butter, stirring occasionally, until milk boils and butter melts. Reduce heat to low; stir in chocolate and vanilla extract until combined.
Let chocolate mixture cool slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes; evenly divide among cooked phyllo shells. Sprinkle tarts with sea salt; chill until filling sets, about 10 minutes. Top each tart with 1 teaspoon whipped cream before serving. Yields 1 tartlet per serving.
- This recipe is easily doubled to feed a crowd. If you’re not a sweet and salty fan, you can just omit the sea salt from the recipe.