Spaghetti squash cacio e pepe by Daphne Oz
SmartPoints® value per serving
Uncooked spaghetti squash
1 medium, halved lengthwise and seeded (about 2 3/4 lb)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch, freshly cracked (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place both squash halves cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet, coat squash with a few sprays from an oil mister, and season each with 1/2 tsp of the salt. Use a Microplane-style rasp to grate 1 garlic clove over each half, then rub it into the squash.
- Roast the squash for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a fork easily slips all the way through and the flesh fluffs into spaghetti-like strands.
- Let the squash cool for 10 minutes, then shred it with a fork. Transfer the strands to a large bowl. Add the Parmigiano and olive oil, then toss and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving size: 1/4 of squash and 2 tbsp cheese
This recipe is originally from The Happy Cook by Daphne Oz. It has been modified and printed here with permission. Photo credit: Amy Neunsinger Photography