Creamy breakfast farina with blueberries
SmartPoints® value per serving
Farina makes a terrific, quick-cooking breakfast cereal. Here it’s combined with fresh blueberries, vanilla yogurt and a touch of nutmeg.
¾ cup(s), 2 1/2 minute variety
¼ tsp, or cinnamon
6 Tbsp, divided
Fat-free vanilla yogurt
5 Tbsp, preferably Greek-style, divided
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and milk; bring just to a boil over high heat (watch carefully as the milk has a tendency to boil quickly).
- Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle in farina, whisking constantly; return to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer until thickened and creamy, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and nutmeg (or cinnamon). Stir in 1/4 cup blueberries and 3 tablespoons yogurt.
- Spoon farina mixture into serving bowls; top each serving with 1/2 tablepoon each remaining blueberries and yogurt. Yields about 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons farina per serving.