Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
- Total Time
These are a must-have for any Jewish holiday. But easy enough and delicious enough to make all year long.
egg white(s)3 large
vanilla extract1 ½ tsp
shredded coconut meat2 ½ cup(s), unsweetened
bittersweet chocolate3 oz, chopped into small bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line one or two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites with sugar. Add vanilla and coconut; stir to combine.
- Scoop up a level tablespoon of batter and form into a ball with your hands; repeat with remaining batter. Place each ball about 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until tops just start to turn light tan, about 15 to 18 minutes. Remove cookies to a cooling rack for about 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a double boiler or heavy pot; melt over low heat, stirring occasionally (do not allow to burn). Keep chocolate warm and pliable as you dip tops of cookies into chocolate. Place dipped cookies on a metal tray evenly spread apart so they’re not touching; freeze until chocolate sets, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 cookie