Chipotle-grilled pork salad
Uncooked lean pork tenderloin
1 pound(s), use one whole loin
½ tsp, divided
Fresh lime juice
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
Store-bought adobo sauce
½ tsp, *
2 Tbsp, chopped
6 cup(s), shredded
1½ cup(s), halved
1 large, diced
1 cup(s), chopped
1 item(s), medium, Hass, cut into chunks
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 item(s), chopped
- Sprinkle pork with cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat outdoor grill to medium-high (or heat grill pan over medium-high heat).
- Grill pork, turning occasionally, until a meat thermometer inserted in center reads at least 145°F, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pork to cutting board and let rest for a minimum of 3 minutes, but up to 10 minutes, before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine lime juice, mayonnaise, oil, adobo sauce and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; stir in cilantro.
- Combine romaine, tomatoes, yellow pepper, jicama, avocado and chipotle pepper in a large deep platter; drizzle with about half the dressing and toss to mix and coat. Arrange sliced pork on top of salad; drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Serving size: 3 oz pork, 2 1/2 c salad and 1 1/2 Tbsp dressing