Chile-spiced shrimp kabobs with couscous
Distilled white vinegar
2 cup(s), finely chopped (about 2 bunches very thin scallions)
Sun-dried hot chile pepper(s)
2 item(s), or scotch bonnet peppers, seeded, minced (do not touch seeds with bare hands)
Fresh lime juice
2 medium clove(s)
1½ tsp, or to taste
16 large, peeled and deveined
Fat free chicken broth
2 Tbsp, fresh, minced
- To make marinade, combine vinegar, scallions, peppers, soy sauce, lime juice, allspice, garlic, sugar, thyme, cinnamon and salt in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Brush both sides of shrimp with marinade; set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Thread 4 shrimp on each of 4 metal skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent charring.)
- Grill skewers, turning as needed, until lightly charred and shrimp is just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions, using broth instead of water; stir in parsley.
- Serve shrimp over couscous. Yields 1 skewer and about 3/4 cup of couscous per serving.