- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s), chopped uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper(s), seeded and minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 6 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes, fire roasted, drained
- 20 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese, (about 6 Tbsp)
- 12 chip(s) tortilla chips
Heat olive oil in a large soup pot set over medium heat.
Add onion and salt and cook for 5-10 minutes or until onion is softened.
Add garlic, jalapeno, and ancho chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
Add broth, tomatoes, chicken breasts, and lime juice.
Bring to a simmer and cook, covered for 20 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
Remove breasts from soup and use 2 forks to shred. Return chicken to pot with cilantro.
Serve soup garnished with cheese and tortilla chips.
- Serves 6- ~1 ½ cup servings soup, 1 Tbsp. cheese, 1 Tbsp. chips. Brand of ingredients used may impact the nutritional information of this recipe resulting in a different SmartPoints value.