This spicy and substantial soup cooks up quickly with the addition of Weight Watchers Frozen Chicken Breasts. Serve it topped with Weight Watchers Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese and crushed up chips for a fun twist on traditional chicken soup.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s), chopped uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper(s), seeded and minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 6 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes, fire roasted, drained
- 20 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese, (about 6 Tbsp)
- 12 chip(s) tortilla chips
Heat olive oil in a large soup pot set over medium heat.
Add onion and salt and cook for 5-10 minutes or until onion is softened.
Add garlic, jalapeno, and ancho chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
Add broth, tomatoes, chicken breasts, and lime juice.
Bring to a simmer and cook, covered for 20 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
Remove breasts from soup and use 2 forks to shred. Return chicken to pot with cilantro.
Serve soup garnished with cheese and tortilla chips.
- Serves 6- ~1 ½ cup servings soup, 1 Tbsp. cheese, 1 Tbsp. chips. Brand of ingredients used may impact the nutritional information of this recipe resulting in a different SmartPoints value.