Chicken sauté with pine nuts
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4-oz pieces
1⅓ oz, about 4 tsp
1 pound(s), thin
2 medium, chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
2 Tbsp, chopped
Fat free chicken broth
1 cup(s), reduced-sodium
⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a flat dish or plate, stir together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, coating both sides and patting off excess.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté; on both sides until nicely browned. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and place in oven until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, make asparagus and pine nut topping: Reduce heat to medium and add pine nuts to pan. Sauté; until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add asparagus, shallots and garlic; sauté; until tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add tarragon and chicken broth to pan and boil until broth is reduced by half. Return vegetables to pan, season with pepper and stir to heat.
- Set each breast on a plate and top with asparagus mixture. Serve immediately.