Chicken salad with farro and squash
Uncooked butternut squash
20 oz, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Olive oil cooking spray
¾ tsp, grated
Extra virgin olive oil
White balsamic vinegar
1 tsp, grated, peeled
Cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
2 cup(s), chopped, diced
Red seedless grapes
1 cup(s), halved
Green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
3 Tbsp, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Bring farro and enough salted water to cover by 2 inches to boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until farro is tender, about 40 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, place squash on prepared baking sheet; spray lightly with olive oil nonstick spray and toss to coat. Spread squash in one layer and roast, stirring once halfway through baking time, until squash is tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- To make dressing, whisk together orange zest and juice, oil, vinegar, ginger, cumin, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Add farro, squash, chicken, grapes, and parsley to dressing; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with pepitas.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups