This recipe will add amazing color to your table. It's a wonderful side dish for roasted chicken or pork.
- 1/2 head(s), small uncooked red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium fresh apple(s), green, cut into julienne
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar, or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp celery seed, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp table salt
Put all ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pot. Cook, covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage and apples are soft, about 45 minutes (add small amounts of hot water if mixture becomes too dry). Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- Like this recipe? Share it! (The icons at the top make it easy.)