Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 5 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, florets (about a 12 oz bag)
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) low sodium soy sauce
- On a plate, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and salt; add beef and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes; transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add 1/2 cup broth to same pan; stir to loosen any bits on food on bottom of pan. Add broccoli; cover and cook, tossing occasionally and sprinkling with a tablespoon water if needed, until broccoli is almost crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover pan and add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- In a cup, stir together water, soy sauce, remaining 1/2 cup broth and remaining 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch until blended; stir into pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to pan; toss to coat. Serve. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
*Could affect SmartPoints value.