Grilled banana split boats with peanut butter sauce
SmartPoints® value per serving
This four-ingredient dessert is so easy and family-friendly. Bananas are left in their peels with the tops slit open, then stuffed with chocolate chips and marshmallows. The bananas are grilled until the fruit is just softened, the chocolate turns gooey, and the marshmallows are deliciously toasted.
Mini chocolate chips
Chocolate peanut butter powder
- Off heat, coat grill rack or grill pan with nonstick spray. Preheat gas grill or grill pan to medium, or prepare medium fire in charcoal grill.
- Arrange each banana so it curves upward. Using paring knife, slice each banana lengthwise down center without cutting through bottom. Press on sides of each banana (like you would a baked potato) to slightly open it up. Stuff 1 1⁄2 tsp chocolate chips and 8 marshmallows into each banana.
- Cut 4 (12-inch) square pieces of heavy-duty foil and arrange each banana on top of 1 square. Wrap and crumple foil around base of each banana so open top stays upright. Transfer bananas to grill. Close lid and cook until marshmallows are toasted and chocolate is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir peanut butter powder and 21⁄2 tbsp water until smooth. Drizzle sauce over bananas.
- Serving size: 1 stuffed banana and about 1 tbsp sauce