Baja-Style Fish Tacos
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow masa corn flour
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 pound(s) uncooked snapper fillet(s), red-variety, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 medium corn tortilla(s), buy a few extra in case some break
- 1 head(s) romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed and remaining leaves sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 5 medium fresh radish(es), red-variety, thinly sliced
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced
- 10 medium fresh cherry tomato(es), quartered
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup(s) low fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp canned chipotle pepper(s), in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (or nonstick aluminum foil) and coat with cooking spray (helps to make fish crispy).
- Place corn flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and paprika in a large bowl; mix to combine. Add snapper to corn flour mixture and toss to coat
- Place seasoned fish on prepared baking sheet and lightly coat tops of fish with cooking spray. Broil until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven to warm; place on rack furthest from heat source.
- To make salad, combine lettuce, radishes, scallions, tomatoes and cabbage in a medium bowl; set aside.
- To make sauce, combine yogurt, lime juice and chipotle peppers in a blender; blend until smooth.
- To assemble, place a tortilla on a plate. Top with 2 to 3 pieces of fish, 1/2 cup of salad and 2 tablespoons of sauce; roll up and repeat with remaining ingredients. Yields 2 filled tortillas per serving.