This delicate garlic- and ginger-infused soup is a meal in a bowl. For the best possible texture and color, simmer just until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 29 oz fat free chicken broth, reduced-sodium, or vegetable broth
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, freshly grated, divided
- 3 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), shiitake, stems removed, caps sliced
- 4 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti, broken in half
- 3/4 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), sliced
- 1 1/4 cup(s) snow peas, fresh, trimmed, cut in half on the diagonal
- 1 cup(s) canned yellow corn, baby, cut in half
- 8 oz firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
In a large saucepan, bring broth, water, soy sauce, garlic and 2 teaspoons of ginger to a boil over medium-high heat.
Add mushrooms, spaghetti and carrots; boil 5 minutes. Add snow peas and baby corn; boil 2 minutes. Add tofu; boil until vegetables are crisp-tender and spaghetti is al dente, about 2 minutes more.
Remove from heat and stir in scallions and remaining teaspoon of ginger. Yields about 1 3/4 cups per serving.