This easy oven-to-table meal combines fresh veggies and salmon with a simple, yet savory, marinade.
- 1/3 cup(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sambal oelek, (hot chili sauce)
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked farmed skinless salmon fillet(s), (four 6 oz pieces)
- 3 oz uncooked bok choy, about 4 baby bok choy, halved, rinsed
- 8 oz fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed, halved
- 3 cup(s) shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger, honey and hot chili sauce; add salmon and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line two baking pans with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray (or just coat pans with cooking spray).
Place salmon on center of one prepared pan; reserve marinade.
Add bok choy to marinade; toss to coat and place around salmon.
Add mushrooms and cabbage to marinade; toss to coat and spread on second prepared baking pan.
Place pan with salmon on top rack and place other pan on bottom rack; roast until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Serve garnished with scallions and sesame seeds. Yields 1 salmon fillet, 1 baby bok choy, 1/2 cup mushrooms/cabbage, 1 tablespoon scallions and 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds per serving.
- Serve with additional hot sauce if desired.