Apple and Carrot Salad
- 2 large fresh apple(s), 1 red and 1 green, cored, thinly sliced, cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, or less to taste
- 3 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), cut into matchsticks (many stores sell these precut)
- 1/4 cup(s) chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 2 oz feta cheese, French-variety suggested, crumbled
- Place apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice. Add carrots, chives, oil, sugar, salt, pepper and cheese; toss to mix thoroughly. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
If you want more tang, use blue cheese instead of French feta (could affect SmartPoints values).