What are FitPoints?
FitPoints are personalized
FitPoints takes into account your height, weight, age, and sex, as well as the type of exercise you're doing and the duration, to calculate a personalized amount of FitPoints for all of the activities you track.
FitPoints are precise
100 calories burned walking is not the same as 100 calories burned lifting weights or running. FitPoints understands the difference.
FitPoints are efficient
The most common reason members give for not engaging in regular physical activity? Time! Depending on the activity, you can earn more FitPoints in shorter amounts of time so you can reach your fitness goals faster.
What can I do with FitPoints?
How are FitPoints calculated?
Here's the easiest way to track your FitPoints: Sync your fitness device to your WW app!
Can I swap FitPoints for SmartPoints?
There are two options for swapping:
- Swap weekly SmartPoints first. If you've used all of your weekly SmartPoints, you'll use any FitPoints you’ve earned. You can tell how many FitPoints you have left by looking at 'FitPoints Remaining.'
- Swap FitPoints first. Once you’ve used your daily SmartPoints, you'll use any FitPoints you’ve earned. Once you’ve used all your available FitPoints, you'll move into your weekly SmartPoints
How do I swap FitPoints for SmartPoints?
Oh, this is important: You’ll need to earn the FitPoints equivalent of 3,000 steps a day before you can start swapping any additional FitPoints for SmartPoints. (That’s 3-4 FitPoints a day for most people).Why? Your daily SmartPoints allowance is calculated on the assumption that you're doing some level of everyday activity—e.g., walking around the house, grocery shopping. After 3,000 steps, any additional FitPoints can be swapped one for one for SmartPoints.
Can I change my FitPoints goal if I want to?
Yes. You can change your goal by going into your activity settings in the app or on ww.com.
- Click on your profile (the icon in the upper right corner)
- Tap Settings (it looks like a gear in the upper right corner)
- Tap Activity Settings > Current Goal
Adjust up or down
- Click on your profile (the icon in the bottom right corner)
- Tap Settings
- Tap Activity Settings
- You’ll see your current goal. Tapping that will allow you to change it up or down.
Have more questions?
1. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, 2nd edition. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; 2018.