Glazed Chocolate Doughnuts | Video | WW UK
Try this divine chocolate doughnut recipe for just 4 SmartPoints®
Divine chocolate doughnuts
Mmm, doughnuts. We often advise you to eat more ‘hole’ foods at WW, and because nothing’s off the menu, we’ve put brown bread and quinoa to one side (for now) to bring you a delicious chocolate doughnut recipe. With a spoonful of apple sauce whisked into the mix, this WW twist on classic chocolate doughnuts is irresistible – and a unique treat for the taste buds too.
Best of all, the centre of these doughnuts are 0 SmartPoints! Jokes aside, this is a wholly delicious dessert that won’t scupper your healthy eating plan. Your eyes certainly won’t glaze over when you watch this mouth-watering video recipe…
Total Time: 30min
|2 teaspoons Low Fat Spread, level, for greasing|
|125 g Plain White Flour|
|5 tablespoons Cocoa Powder, level, (1 tablespoon used for glaze)|
|3 teaspoons Baking powder, level|
|2 tablespoons Caster Sugar|
|1/4 teaspoons Salt|
|2 medium raw Egg|
|60 g Apple sauce|
|3 teaspoons Vegetable Oil|
|1 1/4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract, level, (1/4 teaspoon used for glaze)|
|140 ml Skimmed Milk, (1 tablespoon used for glaze)|
|65 g Icing Sugar|
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4. Grease two 6 whole donut trays.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, 4 tablespoon cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Once combined, add the eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, oil, and apple sauce until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag or ziplock freezer bag.
- Pipe into the prepared trays, bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together the icing sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder. Stir in the remaining vanilla extract and milk until smooth.
- Dip the donuts into the icing, allow to set. Enjoy!