NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme is part of the national programme which by 2020 is expected to provide support to 100,000 individuals each year.
Those referred to the service will receive personalised support to reduce their risk of Type 2 diabetes including guidance on healthy eating, weight loss, physical activity and overall wellbeing. This holistic approach has been proven to reduce the risk of developing the disease.
Eligibility criteria to join the programme
- Aged 18 years and over
- Registered with a GP practice in one of our delivery areas
- High glucose levels - Find out what this means here
- Not pregnant
- Able to take part in light/moderate physical activity
What to expect and how the WW programme works
- You’ll be invited to join a local WW Workshop that you can attend weekly for up to 9 months, where you will receive expert guidance and support from trained WW Coaches.
- You’ll eat what you love, with our proven SmartPoints® system that will guide you towards healthier eating.
- You’ll receive content and videos tailored to type 2 diabetes risk reduction.
- You’ll learn to think in new ways to focus on what matters to achieve your goals.
- You’ll find what moves you, so you can feel strong and be proud of what your body can do.
- You’ll be part of a community, with 24/7 Online Coach support; and join a group of like-minded people in our social network, Connect.
Been referred by your healthcare professional?
How to join?
If you have been told you are at risk of diabetes and meet the criteria, you can access the local Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme service in the following ways:
- A referral from your GP or nurse
- A referral from a Health Check professional
- Received a letter from your surgery inviting you to join the Healthier You programme? Call us on 0345 999 0003 or register below: