23rd February 2018: Global wellness company, Weight Watchers, and the world’s leading commercial weight management programme was ranked 82nd in the list, based on the anonymous opinions of its employees. Weight Watchers also received a two star accreditation, showcasing outstanding levels of employee engagement.
Chris Stirk, Senior Vice President and General Manager for the UK commented; “This is a huge achievement for the organisation and we are delighted that our empolyees feel it is one of the UK’s best places to work. Our people are our greatest asset and we have a strong focus across the company to provide opportunities for development and career progression, as the company aims to help 10 million people adopt healthy habits and to grow the company to more than $2 billion by 2020.”
“We could not be more proud to appear in the list and its testament to the hard work of so many people across Weight Watchers in the UK.”
During 2017, Weight Watchers launched multiple initiatives that have helped develop its company culture including participating in community projects, expanding employee benefits and supporting its employees on their career journey. These include:
- Launching a suite of benefits to aid employee wellbeing such as on site express massages, running groups, and access to high street discounts
- Employee events involving for employees and their families including sports day, and family fun days. Employees are rarely bored at work with an 83% positive score received, ranking second in the Best Companies list.
- Working within communities to fundraise, help redecoarate facilities and assist school enterprise programmes
- Bespoke training for all employees, one to one coaching and 360 feedback for all people leaders. 79% of employees find the training is of great personal benefit.
- Introducting a Workplace platform to encourage communication and collaboration globally
Josie Mortimer, HR Director, Weight Watchers UK, added; “Our employees are at the heart of everything we do and we aim to have a leading people culture at Weight Watchers, in our industry and beyond. The company continuously evolves its talent development strategies, as well as comprehensive health, well-being benefits and resources to meet their individual needs. It is also important that we provide opportunities to give support to one another as well as the communities where they live and work.”
The recognition by Best Companies follows a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honouring Weight Watchers UK as one of the Best Places to Work in 2018.
For more information, please contact:
April Denver firstname.lastname@example.org