Change your life in 15 minutes
This is no gimmick: investing a small amount of time in a new habit can add up to big success on the scales
Psychologists like BJ Fogg have found that, whereas big changes can seem so overwhelming they can make us give up, breaking goals down into small achievable chunks is the best way to achieve ultimate success.
How to get started? Set aside 15 minutes, once a week to think about a tiny change you can make to help you lose weight, then do whatever you need to make that change possible.
For starters, try one of these simple tweaks:
- To drink 1.2 litres of fluid a day, keep a bottle of water on your desk or in your bag – the chances are you’ll drink it without realising. Every night, put the empty bottle by the tap to remind you to refill it tomorrow. Check out our Infruition Bottle, available to buy in our online shop.
- Swap butter and mayo for low-fat options – if they’re the only ones in the fridge, they’re the only ones you can use!
- Start using an oil sprayer when cooking. Keep the oil sprayer near the hob and put all your other oils at the back of your cupboards out of reach.
- Cut out sugar in your hot drinks. You don’t need to go cold turkey, but start with just half of your usual teaspoonful and cut down gradually.
- Put a piece of fruit next to your car keys so you reach for it every morning when you go to work.
- Set an alarm on your phone to remind you to stand up and take regular breaks while working.
- Try one new thing every week: a dance class, a new sandwich filling, or a new route to work. This stops your brain – and your body – getting used to a routine and helps wake it up for weight loss.