Zucchini Fries with Lemon and Dill
Regular liquid egg substitute
Fresh lemon juice
Whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp(s), fresh, minced
1 tsp(s), minced
Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; slice each half into four long spears and place in a large bowl (you should have 24 fries). Add flour to bowl; toss to coat zucchini.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg substitute, lemon juice and water. In another shallow bowl, combine panko, dill, zest, salt and pepper.
- Dip a zucchini spear in egg mixture and turn to coat; gently shake off any excess. Next, place in breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat; place on prepared pan and repeat with remaining ingredients (make sure fries do not touch or overlap).
- Coat tops of fries with cooking spray and bake until brown and crunchy, about 25 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool for a few minutes.