Zucchini, Coriander and Mint Tian
uncooked red onion(s)
1 large, finely chopped (about 2 1/4 cups)
1 tsp(s), divided
½ tsp(s), divided
fresh cherry tomato(es)
2 cup(s), or grape tomatoes, halved
3 clove(s), medium, thinly sliced
2 tsp(s), grated
yellow summer squash
1½ pound(s), green and yellow, cut in 1/8-inch slices
fresh mint leaves
2 tbsp(s), thinly sliced + whole mint leaves, for garnish, torn if large
grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), or plain breadcrumbs
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly golden, about 10 minutes (reduce heat if necessary to avoid excessive browning). Stir coriander, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper into skillet; add tomatoes, garlic, 1 tsp lemon zest and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to soften, about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Transfer 3/4 of onion-tomato mixture to a bowl; set aside. Spread remaining onion-tomato mixture over bottom of skillet; gently press down to slightly flatten. In slightly overlapping concentric circles, layer 1/3 of squash over onion-tomato mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 of sliced mint and season with generous pinch salt and pepper. Top with another 1/4 of remaining onion-tomato mixture and mint; add another layer of squash and season with salt and pepper. Repeat to create a third layer of onion-tomato mixture, mint, and squash; top with remaining onion-tomato mixture. Cover pan tightly with foil; bake until squash is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together cheese, panko and a generous pinch pepper. Remove skillet from oven and carefully remove foil; sprinkle panko mixture over top and lightly coat with cooking spray. Continue baking, uncovered, until tian is bubbling and topping is lightly golden, 22-25 minutes.
- Remove tian from oven; let rest 10 minutes. Sprinkle with mint leaves and remaining lemon zest. Cut into 8 wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving size: 1 wedge (about 3/4 cup)