Yukon Gold Pierogi
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
1 pound(s), about 4 small
Olive oil cooking spray
1 medium, minced
Regular liquid egg substitute
Egg roll wrapper(s)
Fat free sour cream
1 Tbsp, minced
- Put potatoes in a small pot, cover with water and boil; cook until very tender, about 30 minutes. Drain well. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Peel and mash in a bowl.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add shallot and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add shallot to potatoes. Add pot cheese, 2 tablespoons of egg substitute, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Working one at a time, place 1 egg roll skin on cutting board. Place 3 tablespoons potato filling in one corner of skin, 1 inch from edge of skin. Lightly brush edge with remaining egg substitute. Fold in half, pressing edges to form triangle. Repeat with remaining filling and skins.
- Bring large pot of water to boiling. Add pierogi, being careful not to crowd them. You may have to do 2 or 3 batches. Pierogi will sink to bottom of pot and float when cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain well. Place 2 pierogi in each of 4 serving dishes. Keep warm.
- To prepare topping, combine sour cream, chives and remaining salt in a bowl. Yields 2 pierogi plus 1 tablespoon sour cream topping per serving.