Wild Mushrooms on Polenta Rounds
17 oz, in the form of a prepared polenta log, sliced into 16 rounds
Olive oil cooking spray
Grated Parmesan cheese
8 tsp(s), divided (Parmigiano Reggiano recommended)
1¼ pound(s), shiitake caps and Baby Bellas, sliced
1 tsp(s), fresh, chopped
¼ pinch, freshly ground
1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil (for easy clean-up) or coat pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange polenta on pan in a single layer. Lightly coat polenta with cooking spray and sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of cheese; bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- While polenta rounds bake, prepare mushroom topping. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir cream cheese and water into skillet; cook over low heat until cream cheese melts and mixture looks creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To assemble, place about 2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture onto each polenta round. Sprinkle each round with 1/4 teaspoon cheese; sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Yields 2 polenta rounds per serving.