Wild Mushroom Ratatouille
2 clove(s), medium, minced
3 cup(s), sliced, (any combination of shiitake, porcini, Portobello, cremini, oyster, etc.)
1 cup(s), cubed
uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red, seeded and diced
canned diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
⅛ tsp, ground
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms release juice.
- Add eggplant, bell pepper and thyme and cook 2 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Partially cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.