white all-purpose flour
unsweetened cocoa powder
store-bought marshmallow creme
- Place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat sugar, butter, oil, and egg white in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to low. Beat in flour mixture just until blended then stir in milk just until blended. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto large ungreased baking sheets, making total of 36 cookies.
- Bake until tops of cookies spring back when lightly pressed, 5–7 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets on wire racks.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons marshmallow crème on bottoms of 18 cookies. Cover with remaining cookies. Yields 1 whoopie pie per serving.