Warm Arctic Char Nicoise Salad
Low-fat vinaigrette salad dressing
1 clove(s), medium, minced
Anchovies canned in oil drained
½ average, (optional)
4 medium, sliced
Uncooked red onion(s)
⅓ cup(s), chopped
Uncooked baby potatoes
Uncooked string beans
Cooked arctic char
1 pound(s), skinless, cut into 4, 4 oz filets
8 cup(s), shredded
Whole hard boiled egg(s)
4 large egg(s)
4 tsp(s), minced
- Whisk together the vinaigrette, garlic, parsley, mustard, and anchovy paste. Set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, and capers in a small bowl. Toss with 2 Tbsp vinaigrette and reserve.
- Cover potatoes by 1-2” of cold water in a medium sauce pan fitted with a steamer basket. Place haricot beans in basket. Bring to a boil and cook/steam for approximately 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender and haricot vert lightly steamed. Rinse haricot beans under cold water, drain, and toss into tomato mixture. Drain potatoes and toss with 2 Tbsp vinaigrette while still warm, set aside.
- Season arctic char filets with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Lightly coat a nonstick sauté or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Sear filets for approximately 4-5 minutes per side or until done. Set aside.
- Toss lettuce with remaining vinaigrette and divide across 4 dinner plates. Divide tomato salad and dressed potatoes evenly across plates and place in small composed piles. Add 1 sliced egg, 1 char filet, and 3 olives, to each plate. Garnish each plate with 1 tsp chives and serve.