Vietnamese Shrimp Salad Rolls
Packaged rice noodles
3 oz, cut into 1-inch pieces
Low sodium soy sauce
8 medium, cooked, peeled and cut into 6 pieces each
1 large, julienned
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
¼ cup(s), shredded, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cook rice noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with soy sauce. (Note: Rice noodles are also called rice sticks and long rice Chinese vermicelli.)
- Lay wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Top each wrapper with a spoonful of noodles, 2 pieces of shrimp and a spoonful each of carrots, lettuce and basil. Tightly roll up wrappers and tuck sides under. Wet edges with water to create a seal at seams and place seam-side down on prepared baking sheet. Coat surface of rolls with cooking spray.
- Bake until wrappers are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine hoisin sauce and water in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, until sauce is warm, stirring halfway through cooking. Yields 4 rolls and about 3 teaspoons of sauce per serving.